The Common Core State Standards and English Language Learners
The AFT hosted a conversation on the Common Core State Standards and English Language Learners on November 13, 2012.
As schools and districts across the country begin implementing the Common Core State Standards, educators and leaders will need the latest information on developments and resources to help general education and specialized teachers of English language learners with Common Core implementation.
This live webcast meeting featured presentations by the two consortia developing assessments for the Common Core State Standards—Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). Additionally, there were presentations by Stanford University’s Understanding Language initiative, the Council of Chief State School Officers and Colorín Colorado.
- Audio and Video Playback
- List of Participants
- Presenter Biographies
- Presentation by Kenji Hakuta, Stanford University
- Presentation by Magda Chia, Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Presentation by Danielle Griswold, PARCC Policy, Research, & Design, Achieve
- Presentation by Chris Minnich and Carrie Heath Phillips, Council of Chief State School Officers
- Presentation by Lydia Breiseth, Colorín Colorado/WETA
- Colorín Colorado CCSS Resources
Please contact Serette Kaminski at email@example.com if you have questions.